Copeland Borough Council are making some changes at Distington Hall Crematorium in relation to the current Coronavirus pandemic.
A spokesperson said:
"We want to reassure our residents that we are taking every possible measure to protect their health and safety, and that of our employees.
"Following government advice regarding social distancing we have put the following measures in place in an effort to reduce the potential spread of the virus and avoid cross-contamination:
• Our employees will no longer meet and greet relatives and friends
• Funeral directors and celebrants will lead services into the chapel
• We recommend that numbers attending funerals be reduced if possible
• All hymn books have been removed from our chapels
• We have increased our cleaning regime
• We advise attendants to please leave at least one seat between themselves and others
• We ask that any tissues or other personal belongings are removed upon leaving the chapel
• We kindly ask that if anyone feels unwell, that they please do not attend the service