At approximately 4.15am appliances from Carlisle East and Carlisle West, were mobilised to reports of a property fire on Prescott Road, Carlisle.
On arrival, crews discovered a well developed fire in an upstairs bedroom, with heavy smoke logging throughout.
A spokesperson from Cumbria Fire and Rescue said: "Crews removed one female from the downstairs of the property, before 4 firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the blaze using 2 hosereels, thermal imaging cameras, various small tools, and a positive pressure ventilation fan.
"Fortunately nobody was injured.
"As this is the second serious bedroom fire we have dealt with this week, we would like to stress the importance of having working smoke alarms on every level of your property, ideally located on the ceilings of the hallway.
"If there are no smoke alarms upstairs, the whole of the upstairs would have to fill with smoke before the detectors downstairs would activate, which is obviously extremely dangerous, particularly if you sleep upstairs at night.
"Fortunately there were working smoke alarms fitted in both properties we attended, or the result may well have been much more serious.
"If you do not have working smoke alarms, please contact your nearest fire station."